Sochip X3 资料汇总

全志讨论群:662381849

I haven’t paid attention to it during this time, in fact, The x3 memory is a flaw. We communicated with the manufacturers and they will not release the 512MB version in a short time, so we gave up.

If you are interested in aic800, I plan to use it to make some gadgets.
4*A53, SIP 1GByte DDR4

Excuse me, has the SDK for X3 been released?

I am trying to get this SDK working on a cheap Allwinner SOC.
https://github.com/alexa/alexa-smart-screen-sdk

That is the SDK to build an Echo Show…
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/amazon-echo-show-5,review-6594.html
The real Echo Show contains a Mediatek MT8163 and 512MB DRAM.

Currently we are targeting H6, 512MB X3 would work too.

That SDK depends on having a browser (webkit, chrome, firefox will do) accessible. Current browsers need a GPU so this browser dependency forces a CPU with a GPU.

@jonsmirl “APP” that based chrome V8?

Without 512MB it can’t run a browser. Being able to run browser would make this chip much more useful.

@jonsmirl I have not received this price
In addition, the 512MB will not be launched soon

Have you seen a price for the 512MB version of X3?

@jonsmirlSochip X3 资料汇总 中说:

encoder

encoder

Is that code for an encoder? now that I looked at it, it does not look like the bootlin code.

That is the reverse engineered h.264 decoder written by Bootlin. Bootlin can supply an open source h.264 encoder if someone will pay $30,000 to have the work done. I have been trying to locate someone willing to pay.

I have asked Sochip and they won’t do it. But I am not sure what is going on. Initially they were interested, but after talking to Allwinner they wouldn’t do it.

@jonsmirl https://github.com/aodzip/cedar may help you

@jonsmirlSochip X3 资料汇总 中说:

You may ask, why does Allwinner keep their h.264 encode/decode source closed. It is not because they have invented something new. It is almost assuredly because they have violated numerous patents with their h.264 implementation and they don’t want to get sued. By keeping the source closed it is very difficult to know for sure if they have violated a patent or not.

Very reasonable, I also think that is the reason!

You may ask, why does Allwinner keep their h.264 encode/decode source closed. It is not because they have invented something new. It is almost assuredly because they have violated numerous patents with their h.264 implementation and they don’t want to get sued. By keeping the source closed it is very difficult to know for sure if they have violated a patent or not.

Lindenis says V831/V833 are using the tina Linux 4.9 SDK (SDK similar to V536 SDK). But X3 is based on the A33. The only SDK for the A33 is the Android 4.4 one from Allwinner. Sochip can make a tina linux using the open source kernel for the A33. Everything will work except for h.264 encode. Only way we will get a fully working Linux 4.9 SDK for X3 is if Allwinner cooperates to provide recompiled drivers that work on kernel 4.9. Otherwise you are stuck on kernel 3.10 if you want h.264 encode. 3.10 is big problem for IOT since it is from before Bluetooth Low Energy was added to kernel.

Let’s see if it has h.264 encode/decode support in it. Sochip does not have the source code to the h.264 libraries. So if Sochip made the Linux SDK it won’t have h.264 support in it.

That is why Sochip can’t release a newer Linux for S3. They are stuck on V3.10? from the original V3 SDK. They have argued with Allwinner and Allwinner won’t make a newer kernel for them. Allwinner being stupid on this, they could sell more chips if they would let Sochip update these SDKs. All they need to do is give the code to Sochip and let them port it onto the newer kernels.

@jonsmirl It should be public soon, tinalinux , 4.96 GB

Is there a Sochip Linux SDK for the X3? Allwinner only released Android 4.4 and the open source support does not have h.264 working.

X3是否有Sochip Linux SDK? Allwinner仅发布了Android 4.4,并且开源支持不支持h.264。

已补充官方原理图和pcb库