ArmbianTV and AltLinux for Allwinner D1 (RISC-V)

ArmbianTV (Debian\Ubuntu) for the Allwinner D1 platform.
To start the system, download the image, unpack it, burn it to an SD card, insert it into the device and turn on the power. The first time you start the Primary Settings wizard opens, so you need to connect either an HDMI and keyboard, or a UART console, or a LAN connection (USB-LAN). details about the system can be seen in this topic.

Link to download images.

To run Alt Linux - download the image, unpack, write to the SD card download the loader file and immediately after recording the image, write the loader file to the SD card.

2 Likes

Ver 20230710-edge kernel 6.5-rc1

| \ | | ___ | | __ _
| | |/ _ _ / ’
\ / ` |
| |\ | __// /| | | | (
| |
|| _|_/|| ||_,|

Welcome to Armbian 23.06 Lunar with bleeding edge Linux 6.5.0-rc1-d1

No end-user support: built from trunk

System load: 34% Up time: 7 min
Memory usage: 19% of 478M IP: 192.168.1.19
Usage of /: 19% of 7.0G
RX today: 14.2 KiB

[ 0 security updates available, 1 updates total: apt upgrade ]
Last check: 2023-07-10 08:33

Last login: Mon Jul 10 11:32:38 2023
root@nezha:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
hart : 0
isa : rv64imafdc_zicntr_zicsr_zifencei_zihpm
mmu : sv39
uarch : thead,c906
mvendorid : 0x5b7
marchid : 0x0
mimpid : 0x0

root@nezha:~# neofetch
root@nezha
----------
β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ OS: Armbian (23.06) riscv64
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ Host: Allwinner D1 Nezha
β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„ Kernel: 6.5.0-rc1-d1
β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„ Uptime: 10 mins
β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„ Packages: 555 (dpkg)
β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„ Shell: bash 5.2.15
β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„ Terminal: /dev/pts/0
β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„ CPU: (1) @ 1.008GHz
β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„ Memory: 99MiB / 478MiB
β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„
β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„
β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆ

Thanks for the images!

Wouldn’t it make sense to disable nfsdcld, rpc-statd-notify, nfs-idmapd, rpc-statd from starting up automatically in the images by-default. They seem to make little sense in the current context.

Also would it be possible to provide the linux-headers-edge-d1 package, or what would be the best way to get dkms working?

All ArmbianTV images use a single structure\settings\package composition, this allows all users of different platforms to have a single (familiar) system, so I don’t see much practical benefit from disabling these services specifically for D1. For those who know exactly the purpose of these services (programs), it will not be difficult to turn them off/remove them yourself (and not only these services, but also any other turn them off /on for specific conditions).

Upload DEB header.

That is fair, although on the D1 hardware any extra load makes the hardware struggle more. Reducing the weight of the base image would be really nice.

Sorry, I’m not that familiar with DKMS. Upload how?

added minimal images

dpkg -i name_pakages.deb

Yea, I mean DKMS (Dynamic Kernel Module Support) not dpkg. Kernel headers are required to build those dynamic modules, but there’s no linux-headers-edge-d1 like there is for other kernels.

look carefully at the directories with images, I specifically noted the additional upload of the DEB package to install headers.

linux-headers-edge-d1_23.06_riscv64.deb

Balbes Gi Balbes… your latest and greatest isnt working on us Mango Pi’s… I mean the oficial armbian image 6.5 … is no guud… no hdmi output at least I had to go back to the 5.19th of fun…

What exactly is the image in question (link)?

Literally all of them from 23.0 and kernel 6.5.0
Only imges on 22.08 and kernel 5.19 works for me and apparently for (at least one user the only one replying on the telegram chat it is the same issue too).

Even the ubuntu oficial server image for this board doesnt boot up.

Edit: Adding to this since we are running old versions of armbian… the sudos apt updates are running into issues due to expired keys or something … idk how to fix it… but… yeah older versions seems to run fine.

The big fix for older armbian images deprecated expired keys:

sudo apt-key list | grep β€œexpired: ”

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys your_keys

B523E5F3FC4E5F2C

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys B523E5F3FC4E5F2C

(armbian sid image)

Massive upgrade happening after this
sudo apt upgrade -y and feels like the matrix again.
(1 hour upgrading still… plenty of N options to select crazy slow).

Show the startup log of the 6.5 kernel UART

I cant I dont have or know how to use that UART thing.
I know u needed that to debug this… but … its simply not working as it does on the previous kernel.

Edit: Ive asked someone to provide you with that log from telegram once he can during the week he will.

Edit: Also … always fails to do a sudo shutdown -h now

Upon speaking to him he mentions that this is the log and up till today all the images that follow have the same issue so basically none boots up via hdmi. Board turns green but no output to the display monitor.

I’ve tried image Armbian_23.06_Nezha_sid_edge_6.5.0.img.xz from Oleg’s link (RISC-V β€” ЯндСкс Π”иск), basically image works with MangoPi-MQ-Pro, except seems this is headless configuration, no HDMI detected and no output to HDMI happens. Can’t upload files here, see them at Telegram: Contact @mangopi_sbc

and also tried Armbian_23.06_Nezha_sid_current_6.1.0_xfce_desktop.img.xz. This image provide output to HDMI, support WiFi, so we are able to run Linux graphical desktop on MangoPi-MQ-Pro (not that fast, but it is single core 1 GHz CPU with 1 Gb memory)

1 Like

@balbes-150 is there any chance to have an armbian ubuntu image ? Instead of xfce ? I can install ubuntu-desktop but… gets me into this

It won’t work. Even XFCE slows down the system a lot, on such a weak processor need the lightest possible DE (I use ICEWM).

I hate them both :laughing: but yes its true… fun weak gadget indeed… 512mbs of storage…